Its pay day! And to treat the household, I opted to cook something outside our usual Filipino-style viands. Today, I decided to cook Meaty Mushroom Alfredo! Yummy!
Here are the ingredients:
- 370 ml evaporated milk (or 1 can of Alaska evaporated milk)
- 270 ml All Purpose Cream (or 1 box of Nestle Cream)
- 1 can of mushroom (sliced)
- 500 grams Fettucine
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1 cup bacon bits (for toppings)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (dissolved in half cup)
- 1 Knorr pork cube
When all these are prepared, move to the cooking process. If it is your first time to cook, be safe, and use the low (to medium) fire:
- Cook the Fettuccine, as instructed in its wrapper.
- In a heated pan, fry the ground pork (using its own oil or you can add a bit of butter) until brown. Set aside once done.
- In another heated pan, melt the butter then add the mushrooms. Do not forget to remove the water from the can of mushroom. This could make the sauce watery, and you wouldn’t like that. Sauté for a moment then add the pork cube. Continue sautéing for one more minute. Then, add the fried ground pork. Mix well.
- Pour in the evaporated milk followed by the all purpose cream. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. Do this until the mixture is boiling.
- Add the dissolved cornstarch. Let the mixture boil.
- Lastly, add pepper and salt to taste.
After cooking, all you need to do is serve the pasta: place the pasta on a plate, pour in some of the sauce, top with grated cheese and fried bacon bits, and voila! It’s time to eat! This generously serves seven people, and costs P300 (not bad! :)).
You could alter some of the aspects of the recipe, such as the meat or the mushroom, depending on your taste.
PS: I don’t have any photos because I was working while I was cooking, and I could not multitask more! Plus, once the pasta was served, it was devoured immediately. Hihihi